POLITICAL SCIENCE OPTIONAL – COURSE
What we will Provide –
- Detailed Schedule of the PSIR – Full Course Topic wise and related Sources for that specific Class
- Extensive Set of Teaching Hours
- 200+ Model Questions Topics Wise
- Answer Writing Practice
- Personal Mentor ship (Exclusive to our institute)
- Tests Chapter wise followed with Explanation
- Special Exam oriented strategies for SCORE MAXIMIZATION
- Material will be provided on complete syllabus.
- Slides and pie chart format of explanation for every class for easy understanding of a topic. (Information in Slides will also be provided)
- Dynamic part of syllabus will be covered with recent Case Studies and committee reports for better support to your answers.
About Political Science Optional –
Optional plays a crucial role in UPSC Mains success, there is a wide variety of choice available for the optional subjects in UPSC.
PSIR is a combination subject with major overlap possible with General Studies papers. Though It’s a vast subject but generally the preparation of Political Science as Optional can start while an aspirant is preparing for prelims itself as the syllabus gives that luxury. The analysis of social issues, policies and major comparison of world governments will be better understood with someone having PSIR as optional. International relations which is a interesting yet complicated arena for most aspirants will become more simplified with PSIR optional.
About the Faculty for Political Science
Mrs. VANAM TEJASVI
Civil Services Faculty with 6+ years of experience in various National Reputed Institutes (Delhi and Hyderabad)
Additionally Worked for civil services programs under Government Of India and Government Of Telengana (Tribal welfare, etc)
- Master of Arts – Sociology and Political science
B.A ( Political science, Economics, Public Administration)
Cleared Various Govt services and also worked as faculty Trainer for Corporate Educational Institutes.
Faculty has an experience of 6 years of handling political science optional batches for UPSC.
In a vast subject like Political Science the guidance and mentorship from a faculty is a very important factor. The experience and knowledge of various factors in questions format and trend of examination would save the time of an aspirant rather than mere explanation of the subject.
The bird wye view point for the examination is crucially needed in the increasing competitive era of UPSC.
PSIR Videos :
- Political Theories Made Easy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDb-UfoQP8E
- Differences Between Political Theory , Political Science and Political Philosophy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYS8dugY7Yg
How our Course is different from Others :
Traditional way of teaching optional has no relevance to present needs of UPSC. Since the pattern of exam is consolidated, the necessities of exam have changed.
Our target is majorly Your Score. So, we emphasize of topic wise questions and answer writing plus probable questions.
Candidate should be able to score above 300 is our course target, Not the nominal completion of syllabus.
Personal attention will be given to identify aspirants problems, while one has problems in framing an answer other may have issue in extensive writing with biased opinions.
The combination of experienced lucid teaching with dynamic topics included and personal evaluation will guarantee the maximum output.
Past Results :
- Utkarsh singh – 302
- Ishitha agarwal – 296
- Gulnaz khan – 312
- Indraneil Sharma – 309
- Pulipati Chandramouli – 277
Student Speak :
Indraneil Sharma – ” The manner in which Vanam mam took the class was really great, she made even made static boring topics interesting and that’s were i could show difference in answer writing. Thank you so much mam !! ”
Utkarsh singh – “The pointers which she gave me for answer writing helped me a lot , she corrected my mistakes. Initially My answer was not analyzing in the manner desired. Vanam mam helped me to analyse multi dimensionally. ”
Request a call back : https://forms.gle/WKxj1vTfbHA1nWwYA
POLITICAL SCIENCE –SYLLABUS- BOOKS
- O.P. Gauba for Political Thought and Theories
- Brian Nelson for Western Political Thought
- V.R. Mehta + IGNOU for Indian Political Thought
- Fifty major political thinkers- Ian Adams and R W Dyson
- Foundations of Indian political thought- V. R Mehta
- An Introduction to Constitution – D D Basu
- Laxmikanth for Polity basics.
- Bipin Chandra and Spectrum for Indian National Movement.
- B.L. Fadia – Indian Govt and Politics.
PAPER – 2
- Challenges and Strategies – Rajiv Sikri
- Does the Elephant Dance – David Malone
- Challenge and Strategy: Rethinking India’s Foreign Policy- Rajiv Sikri
- Mr. V N Khanna’s book on foreign policy
- Global Politics – Andrew Heywood for in-depth conceptual understanding
- India’s foreign policy – V P Dutt
- International organizations- Spectrum Books Publication
Other added sources –
- 2nd ARC Recommendations – For topics like Grassroots Democracy (6th Report), Pressure Groups and NGOs (9th Report), Communalism (7th Report) and Statutory bodies (12th Report).
- IGNOU MA Modules.
MPS-004 Comparative Politics: Issues and Trends by Expert Panel of GPH
Dynamic areas – Others – Sources
- Daily News Analysis
- Gist of RSTV
NCERT Polity books for UPSC
- Polity: NCERT Class IX – Political Science: Democratic Politics Part – I
- Polity: NCERT Class X – Political Science: Democratic Politics Part – II
- Polity: NCERT Class XI – Political Science: Indian Constitution at Work
- Polity: NCERT Class XI – Political Science: Political Theory
- Polity: NCERT Class XII – Political Science I: Contemporary World Politics
- Polity: NCERT Class XII – Political Science II: Politics in India since Independence
Request a call back : https://forms.gle/WKxj1vTfbHA1nWwYA